1/05/2009

Resolutions

I've already failed before starting, but here are my new year resolutions:

1. Train myself to get up during single digit AMs.

2. Drink more fluids (water, juice, tea, coffee ... anything) everyday.

Why? Because I realized that if I go work in Japan, I'm going to have to get up much earlier than what I'm used to in order to get to work ... which most likely includes being packed like sardines on the trains or buses (... and I bet it's both).

The second one comes in because it's been a fairly recent realization that I don't drink too much. No, not alcoholic beverages. I've still got 3 months till I can open the can of soda plum wine set in front of my grandpa's picture. Which also means that when I go visit his grave in Japan this month, I can't offer alcohol to him. Japanese superstition that anything you offer at the grave shall not be brought home with you, and preferably is better when consumed there. (Yes, at the tombstone.) So ... I think this time, Grandpa's getting some warm milk tea or hot lemonade ... probably cold by the time I'm allowed to drink it.

... Getting back on track, my drinking habit is like that of a camel's ... when I drink, I drink alot, but when I don't ... I don't. Some days I get by with just a 450ml juice pack ... which isn't much at all. So I shall try to drink more, as soon as I get over the food poisoning vomiting party going on ... spinach from 4 days ago in fried rice was NOT a good idea. damn.

No comments: