2/16/2010

dilligence ... but i'm a professional procrastinator

There's always that mixed feeling of satisfaction and emptiness after finishing a good book. Satisfaction, a given, for finishing. Emptiness, for not having any more pages to look into the new world I've just only begun to know.

I'm now pushing away the books I've ordered on the trusty Amazon.com (well, the Japanese version) to try to keep up with the daily hour reading of textbooks for the assistant surveyor exam. Not that I can write that down on my resume, even if I pass the exam, because it's a Japanese license ... yeah, it's only effective in Japan. Like a driver's license ... or not.

It's just that I've realized that I really don't know anything about my work ... or the industry I'm in. This exam, which I'm supposedly taking in May, should motivate me to learn more ... I hope. I need the knowledge. I really do.

No comments: