2/06/2010

six

So. I guess it's been a while.

I'm in Japan again. This time, it's for a decent amount of time ... I'll be counting years, not days or weeks. It's exciting and a bit scary at the same time. Why? Well, I'm LIVING in Japan for the first time in my life, I'm working ... funny how I'm no longer a student, and Japan is a little far from home. I've already lost two people I love dearly. I don't know why I'm on the wrong side of the Pacific every time, whether it's for the heartbreaking tears or the happy sobs. Dropping sighs for the realization that I'll most likely be missing Lam's wedding, I really don't know why I visit the wrong countries while I'm away from home.

Three more days will mark six months ... these six were unexpectedly superb. I have a job. I love my co-workers. I've got a new hobby. I guess Taiwan did rub off on me, since it's taking a lot of energy to hold back the urge to start a collection of Chinese tea sets. My new year trip back to Taiwan ended up becoming a love confession to their rich variety of tea leaves, starting with Oolong and Eastern Beauty. It's just strange that I finally have the chance to go around Taiwan to take in its culture and beauty only after I leave.

I'm only starting to miss driving a car, the hours spent on a bookstore couch, the double oven kitchens, the easy trip to the theaters, the quick naps on the family room sofa ...

... I'm still trying to convince myself that I'm not homesick at all.

No comments: